Systems focused accounting job for a local council paying up to £34k
Your new company
A brilliant opportunity with a local council that is renowned for it's beautiful location is looking for systems savvy accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Team Lead, this newly created role will be responsible for managing financial information from a systems perspective. The organisation is looking for someone who is advanced with understand finance systems in order to communicate information and data more efficiently and effectively across the organisation. Responsibilities will include:
- To maintain and develop the Financial Systems
- Assist in the delivery of financial information via better usage of the system
- Undertake development and maintenance of the Financial Management System (Agresso)
- Extracting data and reports to support finance team and other business units
- Work closely with various members of the organisation to guide them on how to effectively use the finance system to generate valuable data
- Assist in budget preparation and providing financial information and advice to budget holders
- Assist in the preparation of accounts, including financial statements
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable delivery
- Assist with the preparation of tenders for bids and service reviews
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have previous experience in using Agresso and be confident in your ability to use the system to the best of its ability. You will be a system savvy individual from an accountancy background. Ideally you will be a qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant, however if you do not possess the qualification but do have the necessary skills for this job, please get in touch. The client would consider candidates on a 4 day a week basis.
What you'll get in return
The role is paying between £31k - £34k and you will also be eligible for the local government pension scheme. This is a flexible employer and you will be offered flexible working but must be prepared to have some time based in the office. Free car parking is also available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.