Chief Financial Officer
Maternity Leave Cover Chief Financial Officer
Your new company
An exciting opportunity working for a leading education provider within the Teesside area. Working as part of the senior leadership team and playing an integral part in operational decisions and projects.
Your new role
The Finance Lead will report directly to the Executive Director who is the Accounting Officer and is ultimately responsible for the proper financial conduct of the institution. The Finance Lead will provide advice on strategic financial issues and be responsible for financial management and for the leadership and management of the finance team.
The Finance Lead is a key member of the senior leadership team and is expected to bring a modern, business-like approach to the leadership of the finance function, running it as a highly competent and efficient service with an emphasis on business partnership and with devolution of the service where appropriate.
The post holder will deliver a proactive, customer-focused service and is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including the management of financial records, resource allocation and budget control, financial planning (strategic and operational), the financial management of projects, funding relationships with the funding body and other agencies and related contractual arrangements with external organisations.
In addition to leading the finance team, the Finance Lead will contribute to strategy and policy development to support the aims and objectives, will ensure the provision of management information for the planning and monitoring systems, and will ensure the completion of statistical returns to external agencies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Should be able to demonstrate a track record of successful financial leadership and building effective teams
- Fully Qualified - CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CIPFA.
- Should have financial reporting and management skills, and experience of working with stakeholders to develop strong financial understanding and empathy across an organisation
- Should have high ethical standards and influencing skills with the ability to engage effectively with all staff across the business
- Should show evidence of entrepreneurialism and innovation, with an ability to identify commercial opportunities to maximise income
- Should have experience of financial information systems and be computer literate.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to make a difference and be part of a strategic leadership team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Chief Financial Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly