An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join a large, high-profile real-estate and property company based in central London.
My client is a large real-estate and property company based in central London.
Key responsibilities for the Financial Controller include:
- Responsible for quarterly and year end accounting and reporting for assigned properties and related ownership entities
- Assist with preparation of IFRS and Local GAAP annual accounts.
- Monitoring of changes in local requirements and legislation and analysis of impact on the property company
- In a few instances, assist with service charge reconciliations.
- Cooperate with treasury and transaction teams of the company and clients.
- Property Forecast & Budget including analysis of actuals vs forecast/budget on property company (Propco) level
- Coordinate the process for property tax and related administration (control, report, payments)
- Calculation/review of calculation of the straight-lined rent incentives (IFRS Adjustment)
- Deferred Tax Asset (DTA) & Deferred tax liability (DTL) estimate / calculation and prepare tax analysis packs for external tax advisors.
- Quarterly/Annual VAT preparations.
- Preparation of consolidated accounts
- Review and understanding of CAPEX assumptions
- Prepare quarterly intercompany distribution and contribution forms which have to be agreed with the Fund, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Tax and Legal Depts
- Review of equity position of the company
- Understanding of business planning based on communication with Asset Manager and Property Manager
- Supports clients in transactions (Sales/Acquisitions/Entity set ups and liquidations)
The successful Financial Controller will have the following:
- Bachelor/ Masters degree in business administration, accounting or an equivalent
- Professional finance qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). A background from Big Four (KPMG, EY, Deloitte or PwC) is preferred, but not essential.
- Experience with real estate and property/real-estate funds, holding companies, SPVs etc. is advantageous
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, such as VAT, CIT, Local GAAP and IFRS.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skill.
Basic salary of approx £65,000 + package