Who we are
The Audit and Assurance Group is a branch within the department that manages departmental auditors, competent across commodities, in order to provide high quality regulatory audits to clients. Nationally, this team provides regulatory audits and other assurance activities to manage the compliance of import and export registered establishments, industry Authorised Officers and entities operating under Approved Arrangements.
We have around 90 staff - auditors, technical experts and mentors, client services officers, operational managers, and business managers. We are a national stream with staff located in departmental offices in major capital cities as well as regional centres.
We conduct more than 8,000 audits each year for multiple commodities:
• 3,300 compliance agreement and quarantine approved premise audits
• 1,400 plant export protocol audits
• 850 plant export registered establishment audits
• 390 fish, eggs and dairy export audits
• 300 meat processing export audits
• 250 plant quarantine approved premise audits
• 1,900 Plant Authorised Officer verifications.
The key duties of the position include:
The role of the Auditor is to undertake audits across commodities and functions against the relevant criteria, to build strong industry compliance. The role will work within the parameters of the Auditor Management Framework (AMF) with the possibility of overseas, interstate or intrastate travel. All audit competencies and other training requirements will need to be maintained.
Under general direction, the Auditor will:
• lead and/or conduct audits, assessing risk against relevant legislation, criteria and guidelines
• ensure accurate and timely record keeping is maintained to meet guidelines and client service standards
• work as part of a team and support staff in learning and development opportunities to improve audit skills
• communicate, liaise and negotiate with and respond to internal and external stakeholders and clients, including government agencies and industry parties, to achieve desired outcomes
• build and maintain productive working relationships within the department, with clients and across industry
• commit to and lead business improvement initiatives, demonstrating a positive attitude towards change
• contribute to team culture by displaying professionalism, integrity and respect whilst being innovative and sharing your knowledge.
Please note that this recruitment process will be used to fill multiple vacancies in the locations listed above. The merit pool established through this selection process, which is valid for a period of twelve months from the date the vacancy was advertised in the Gazette, may also be used to fill future ongoing vacancies where the duties are of a similar nature.
What we are looking for
Knowledge and experience
The positions involve working as a regulatory auditor in the import and export business areas and experience in the agriculture, food production or quality assurance sectors are of benefit.
Eligibility and other requirements
The successful applicants must:
• hold and maintain a valid Australian motor vehicle drivers licence
• wear an official uniform supplied by the department, including during field operations (as applicable), in accordance with the department's uniform policy
• note that the roles may involve some overseas, interstate and intrastate travel.
On 30 May 2021 the salary range for these positions will increase to $74,765 - $82,018.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability