Student Finance Analyst - Industrial Placement
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Want to be a hero behind the hero's?
Motorola Solutions is a leading global Public Safety and Government communications solution provider. In the UK, Motorola is preparing to deliver services as part of the Emergency Services Mobile Communications Programme (ESMCP) being run by the Home Office. ESMCP is a cross-government, multiagency programme that will deliver the communication system of the future to the emergency services throughout Great Britain. This system will be called the Emergency Services Network (ESN).
This is a great opportunity for a student to integrate themselves into an exciting and progressive business.
Offering you hands-on experience within a large organisation, growing knowledge and offering that step up in understanding what we do behind the hero's that are saving peoples lives everyday!
You'll be a hero behind the hero's!
This is a 12 month fixed term contract (permanent) role for an industry placement year.
Please be aware that this post is intended for a student placement of approximately one year from July 2021 to Jun 2022. This is not an internship that will lead to a subsequent position of employment. It is intended for a student who is doing a year in industry as part of their university degree course. Due to the nature of the project the successful applicant must be prepared to undergo security clearance/vetting.
The programme is currently in the mobilisation phase and an opportunity has arisen for a Student intern position within the Project Finance team to gain experience of the business aspects of a large service mobilisation project. The Student intern will provide support to the ESN project team in areas such as (but not limited to) project procurement, project management office and business readiness. The Project Finance Team itself is responsible for the governance and financial management in-line with contractual requirements.
• Contribute to producing quarterly and monthly financial reports.
• Participate in the month-end accounting close process.
• Collaborate with the team members to improve processes.
• Ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support the project team.
• Provide support for US and UK Statutory Audits.
• Completed first 2 years of a minimum 3 year degree course and be on target for a minimum 2:1 honours degree (no specific degree course requirement).
• Enthusiastic and motivated individual looking for experience in a Project Finance team.
• Strong analytical, reporting and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
• International accounting standards and US GAAP knowledge would be an advantage but not essential.
• Good level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.