The main remit of this Finance Manager role is to manage the team and the month end / reporting / budgeting
We are recruiting for a brilliant business based just north of Manchester.
This is a growing subsidiary of a larger group. We are looking for a proven, experienced Finance Manager, who wants to work collaboratively as part of a close knit team and help to drive the business through a period of re-organisation & growth.
You will have the benefits of working for a local, collaborative small £30 million turnover team, whilst having the security and variety that comes with working as part of a larger, cash rich group function.
We are keen to find a fully qualified accountant who is able to run month end, providing useful, insightful insight to the Head of Finance locally. We are also looking for a collaborative communicator who is able to mentor a small finance team.
The key responsibilities for this brilliant Finance Manager role based North Manchester will be as follows:
Under the responsibility of the Head of finance, you will be in charge of ensuring the accuracy of the company accounts and postings to the ledgers. You will provide day to day management and supervision of the other two finance team members for Account payables and Credit control.
- Month End Accounting: Preparation of the accounts at month end including ensuring all journals in the GL are posted. Included in this scope is maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register, additions and disposals and depreciation.
- Monthly Reporting: Preparation of inputs for the month end group pack, as well as responsibility for updating branch P&L performance reports and cash forecast.
- Business Partnering: Support stakeholders across the business in understanding questions relating to their branch performance, providing rich and insightful data.
- Budgeting: Support the annual budget process and the development of the branch budgets.
- Annual Statutory Reporting: Preparation of the annual statutory accounts and supporting the year end process through close working with the company's auditors resolving any queries or questions.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations: Completion of all balance sheet reconciliations for the monthly balance sheet review.
- Management & Support to the transactional services team: Accounts Payables & Credit Control
- Accounts Payables Troubleshooting: Assist accounts payables with any significant supplier reconciliation issues as well as identifying process improvements to ensure efficient running of the AP process. Careful monitoring of the GRNI account.
- VAT Accounting and Returns: Ensure VAT is correctly accounted for and reclaimed through submission of the Quarterly VAT returns
- Government Gateway Account Management & other ad-hoc reporting duties. Primarily employee benefits and P11D information as well monthly submission of the pension contributions to the pension providers. CJRS claims if still applicable.
- Development Projects and branch support work: Ongoing enhancement of branch reports to help improve, sales, margins, cost optimisation and stock utilisation.
- NAV Updates & System Testing: Identifying opportunities, supporting and testing solutions to improve system processes.
- Branch visits with stock checks and stock counts.
- Delegate and cover for Head of Finance when on leave.
The successful candidate for this Finance Manager role will be:
- A fuly qualified accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Demonstrable experience of month end management accounting and small team management
- A diligent, loyal and supportive qualified accountant, looking to make a move to a business able to offer longevity in this role
- A strong excel user
- Some experience of working in Navision / MS Dynamics / power BI is preferred but not essential
- Ideally able to understand the dynamics of working for a subsidiary of a larger group
- Looking to report into a brilliant Head of Finance on site and join this period for the long term
This Finance Manager role based just north of Manchester can offer the successful candidate: