Assistant Management Accountant (Graduate Opportuity)
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
Our Finance Manager is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their team based in Smethwick (B66 1BY)
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for the accounting analysis and administration of the DPDgroup Network daily reporting. The Network is the largest area of DPD with over 80 Depots across the UK. This role will be demanding, have time-critical targets and require high attention to detail however if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you want to learn and get involved in projects then this could be the role for you.
Other key duties include;
- Assisting with the preparation of operation information including daily, weekly and regional reviews
- Owning the process of daily and weekly reporting in a timely manner
- Liaising with the relevant departments to ensure that costs are recorded on an accurate and timely basis and any variances to forecast are investigated
- Assisting with network projects with financial support
- Assist with the preparation and review of presentational information as requested
- Assist, prepare and review all outputs to the business, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
As the successful candidate you will be able to evidence that you have finished university with a minimum 2:1 classification in any degree discipline. Additionally you must be willing to study either ACCA or CIMA qualification (ACA is not offered) and have no more than 6 exemptions towards either qualification.
What we’re looking for
- Strong analytical skills and be able to present results in a simple and clear manner
- Ability to self-manage workload and prioritise tasks according to deadlines, importance and urgency Excellent problem solving attitude with the drive to delivering results
- Ability to build rapport with the Finance team and other departments in addition to excellent communication skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent computer literacy skills being proficient in using Microsoft Excel. It would be advantageous if you had knowledge of Marcos, VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables etc. You will also have a good understanding of Word and PowerPoint. It would be advantageous if you have knowledge of Google Data Studio, Tableau, Google apps script.
- Demonstrate the core values of DPD – Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
Your package will include a competitive salary and study support towards obtaining a professional qualification (ACCA or CIMA). As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer