With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 2,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
A wholly owned subsidiary of dnata, a branch of the Emirates Group, we are highly regarded within the aviation and meal manufacturing industries.
Founded in 1982 with humble beginnings selling sandwiches to one customer in Tasmania, we have experienced exponential growth. With a geographically diverse footprint of 15 catering facilities, we employ over 2,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges, and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline, and non-airline markets.
We have an excitingfixed-term maternity leave cover opportunity available for an experienced FinanceManager to join our team in our Broadbeach office on the beautiful Gold Coast within easy walking distance to the beach.
This role is responsible for the general financial management of the business including financial reporting, compliance, audit, budget planning and mentoring of the finance team.
Working closely with the GM Finance and senior business stakeholders this role will help gather and define business requirements and will have direct responsibility for the development of tasks and techniques that are used to perform business analysis.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure that monthly management accounts are prepared in accordance with Group Financial Governance Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Manage, motivate, and drive performance of five direct reports within the finance team.
- Management of the month end process to ensure tight deadlines are met.
- Monthly presentation of results to senior business stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for Operational Management and monthly analysis and commentary on significant variances to budget/forecast.
- Review and lodge BAS, FBT and payroll tax returns within deadlines.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement of finance procedures and processes
Qualifications and Experience
- CA, CGMA or CPA Qualified
- Minimum 7+ years financial management experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an analytical and methodical approach.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage your time efficiently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay rates
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company benefits and incentives - including up to 5 weeks' annual leave for full-time employees and discounted private health insurance
- Supportive and friendly team environment
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Please ensure you include a cover letter addressing the qualifications and experience criteria
Want to work on the Gold Coast? We welcome applications from candidates across all states.
The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.