EL1 Risk Advisory
The EL1 Assistant Director Risk is accountable under broad direction to undertake complex work that delivers quality outcomes across the functions of the NDIA.
The EL1 Assistant Director Risk will coordinate and assume responsibility for detailed risk management activities that may impact on the strategic or operational outcomes that support the NDIA's objectives to "build a world-leading National Disability Insurance Scheme".
The key duties of the position include:
The EL1 Assistant Director Risk responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Providing specialist risk advisory services to business areas and teams within the Agency, including assisting in risk identification and assessment, control design and treatment plans oversight.
• Supporting risk and controls owners to consistently apply the Agency's risk management framework and enhance the risk and control environment .
• Capturing and monitoring risk data, including generating risk reports and insights.
• Undertaking risk reviews, including thematic and deep dive reviews.
• Leading the development and delivery of risk initiatives and providing specialist project risk management support to key strategic projects.
• Preparing quality written materials, including plans, strategies, briefings and communications packages for senior executives and governance committee.
• Supporting the development and advocacy of the Agency's risk management system.
• Assisting with business continuity and incident management activities.
• Assisting with optimising and standardising the Agency's risk management policies and frameworks.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment National Police History check, and provide evidence of Australian Citizenship. Failure to do so may jeopardise your offer of employment.
Dependent on the role the appropriate working with children and/or vulnerable people checks may need to be undertaken as per State Legislation.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability