Manager, Governance, Risk and Compliance - Global Publisher
Support the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer in managing the day-to-day operation of Risk Management processes
our client is the world's largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world's highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 10,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.6 billion.
Monitoring local and divisional risk assessment processes - including implementation and effectiveness of controls
o Carrying out compliance implementation reviews either independently or co-ordinated with the Springer Nature Internal Audit program.
o Responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and the Code of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Supporting a system for the uniform handling of such violations and maintaining appropriate records.
o Monitoring the performance and effectiveness of the Group Compliance Program on a continuing basis.
o Identifying potential areas of vulnerability and risk; developing/implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
Strong demonstrable experience in internal or external audit/review experience or in risk manangement
· Ability to generate and deliver concise, timely reports to stakeholders, including those in senior positions
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to apply these skills at all levels of the organisation and with key external stakeholders as required
· Strong work ethic and creative ability to achieve identified goals, both individually and as a team player, in a global function
· Anticipates issues and opportunities and responds with appropriate, risk-aware and cost-driven solutions
- £50,000- 69,000 basic salary depending on experience, plus bonuses
- London base with flexibility for home working, and development opportunities.
- Opportunity for some international travel post-Covid (around 1 week every 2 months