This Finance Manager holds a critical operational remit and is responsible for a consistent, streamlined, global Record to Report process through the leverage of industry best practice, controls and technology. The role will lead on operational excellence, with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement, and will also include elements of transformation and transition.
Market leading international business.
- Accountable for the successful operation of standard Record to Report (R2R) process and control that complies with regulatory and statutory requirements in all relevant jurisdictions; and ensures the integrity of financial data
- Ensure operational process is compliant with relevant policies
- Assume responsibility for measurement of appropriate process performance metrics to ensure optimal service delivery
- Engagement with external peer groups and relevant professional specialists; as well as industry publications; to identify trends in processing and technology to simplify and streamline processes
- Continuously assess process against best practices to determine gaps, opportunities for improvement
- Ensure the maintenance of high level of engagement with stakeholders across the R2R process
- Monitor process performance indicators to help analyse non-compliance with its overall delivery
- Proactively mitigate risks associated with the end to end process and help drive resolution of escalated issues
- Identity areas where the efficiency and/or effectiveness of processes can be improved
- Identify the benefits and any costs of potential improvements
- Engage with external parties required to deliver agreed changes
- Project manage changes to ensure successful implementation
- Help drive process capabilities and skills, develop the performance of your team in line with the Group's policies and systems in order to achieve business goals
- Develop a clear and aligned work plan for your team
- Foster a constructive and productive working environment
- Drive delivery of objectives including the use of development planning and performance management tools
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with your leader, peers and relevant others across the business to achieve business goals
- Contribute to the broader business by working with others in such a way that it optimises the overall business results.
- Relevant operational R2R experience including balance sheet reconciliation and journals, banking, fixed assets, intercompany, VAT and intrastats and various management and financial reporting requirements
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Functional experience in systems re-engineering, finance shared services or BPO
- Extensive experience of SAP general ledger, inventory, cost accounting, MDM and periodic close as well as other R2R tools
- Strong controls bias and experience (SOX preferable)
- Experience of working with remote teams across multiple locations.
- Excellent people management skills and toolkit
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication techniques across a variety of audiences
- Experience of working with remote teams across multiple locations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform complex analysis and reconciliations
Competitive package and benefits.