Manager Family office
This is an ideal role for a highly-motivated and experienced general practitioner who is looking to further broaden their experience in a accountancy practice which is a challenging and fast pace environment. The purpose of this family manager role is to look after a niche client portfolio, delivering high quality client service and contribute towards the development and success of the Cambridge based firm.
This Cambridge based firm is a full service business and tax advisory practice. Based in Cambridge, the firm has a proven track record of delivery and a carefully-chosen group of successful clients.
- Preparation for and attendance at trustee meetings
- Participation in weekly resource planning meeting to ensure compliance work turnaround targets are met and work is allocated to the most appropriate team members
- Liaison with client legal advisers to deliver tax planning strategies
- Management of accounts and taxation compliance assignments for a variety of business structures in line with firm's standard procedures
- Supporting and working alongside the partners in delivery of advisory work and specialist projects
- Overseeing preparation of ad-hoc returns, VAT registrations and other specialist reporting
- Contribution towards development of technical audit and accounts competences, portfolio management and advisory skills in trainees
- Supporting client accounting staff in record-keeping for complex transactions
- Review and finalisation of technical accounting and taxation returns for client distribution
- Lots of client contact - assisting with ad-hoc queries and requests
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified, or equivalent with a career in accountancy practice background and strength within accounts/tax and all around general accountancy. Dealing with owner-managed businesses and experienced in managing accounts and taxation compliance assignments. You will have developed your career to Manage a team and be looking to take your career to the next level, within a firm and role where you can see a genuine clear progression and development path on offer.
Salary up to £65,000 dependent on the background experience and level of the right professional, plus benefits, negotiable.