This newly created role of Chief Accountant is to be in charge of end to end IFRS and statutory reporting for a country (or legal entity within the country) and to ensure timely execution of accounting activities in accordance with group-wide principles and standards within the assigned scope
Based in Banbury, the client are a large and international manufacturing business. This Chief Accountant position is a newly created role to help enable them to change the face of their finance function including contributing in implementation of a standardised process and Finance Target Operating Model.
The key responsibilities of the Chief Accountant are:
- Coordination of accounting activities:
- Monthly closing coordination,
- HY & EY closing coordination,
- Balance sheet review,
- Statutory accounting,
- Tax accounting,
- Pension accounting (IFRS 19)/technical topics,
- ICS governance.
Performance of activities in close collaboration with SSC team:
- Payroll accounting,
- Inventory accounting,
Additionally providing guidance to the SSC and other finance teams (Consolidation, Tax, Treasury, GAR) regarding compliance issues, internal policies, and procedures.
3) Overall responsibilities:
- Govern the quality, consistency, and integrity of financials,
- Develop and share accounting expertise as well as knowledge within EMEA,
- Manage service level agreements with Shared Services and drive the quality of end-to-end accounting processes together with Shared Services,
- Focus on continuous improvement within accounting scope,
- Support ongoing projects impacting finance activities,
- Build, maintain, and coordinate relationships with external stakeholders as well as the finance community.
The successful Chief Accountant will be:
- Bachelor's / Master's in Finance, Accounting, or similar,
- English business proficiency (written and spoken),
- Technical proficiency (e.g., SAP - ERP systems),
- Licence / Certificate: ACCA DipIFR or ACCA/CPA member would be a plus,
- GAAP: Romanian Accounting Standards (advance), IFRS would be a plus
- Extensive experience in finance with an emphasis on accounting,
- Experience in a multinational company, preferably in B2B / manufacturing industries,
Knowledge or specific business understanding
- Knowledge of accounting, controlling and financial methodologies and reporting,
- Analytical / hands-on / flexible / solutions oriented, / keen on sharing knowledge
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered and multi-tasking environment,
- Systematic problem-solver with strong communication skills,
- High integrity,
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with efficiency and a sense of urgency
On offer for the successful candidate is a salary of between £50,000 and £55,000 depending on experience, as well as an impressive benefits package to match.