Ensure the integrity of the finance systems is upheld and month end routines are accurately and efficiently performed.
Well known global infrastructure organisation
- Daily integrity checks to be carried out with action taken to resolve any findings.
- Daily system interface checks. Resolving any issues as they arise. Looking for trends and putting in place action to prevent this happening again.
- Complete the finance month end processes.
- Ensuring timely communication of progress and issues.
- Checking errors, warning and resolving these.
- Continually look for improvements in the process to ensure integrity and timeliness are optimised.
- Analyse all exception reports ensuring action is taken to resolve issues.
- Run weekly interfaces eg AP2P ensuring the level of exceptions is monitored and resolved.
- Manage and communicate the system and month end calendars. Ensuring they are communicated and systems are updated annually.
- Liaise with application services to resolve any incidents raised. Ensuring we get these resolved in a timely manner but we also understand the route cause.
- Be an integral part of any Finance system upgrades and projects. Support any system SIT or UAT testing.
- Manage any changes to the chart of accounts. Ensure all changes are correctly authorised and information is communicated to Application Services.
- On a quarterly basis ensure Enabling Functions user access is audited to ensure it is relevant for the role they hold.
- Be a qualified accountant. (CIMA, ACCA)
- Able to effectively manage time and deliver against deadlines, setting own goals and being proactive in seeking and driving improvements
- Excellent working knowledge of multicurrency ERP system (preferably Oracle)
Basic salary of £40,000 - £42,000 per annum