Senior Financial Reporting Accountant - 18 Month FTC
We have an excellent opportunity for a qualified Financial Accountant to join a high profile, global listed business near Reading. This is an 18 month, fixed term contract assignment with strong potential to extend beyond this period on either a permanent or FTC basis. There will also be lots of scope to work from home.
Our client is an award-winning, instantly-recognisable global power in its field, or any field for that matter. They are world-renowned for developing talent at all levels, offering their employees the most rewarding of career paths and offering their customers many of their most sought-after products and brands, which are popular in almost every country on the planet.
As the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant, you'll own the period close process, ensuring accurate submission of key business financials. You'll collaborate closely with colleagues across the finance team to make this happen, and you'll be the key person for managing adjustments, system performance issues and posting of journals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing period close alongside the wider finance team
- Working with colleagues to submit accurate and timely monthly, quarterly & annual submissions for various business functions
- Handling adjustments, delays in upstream close processes, system performance issues & functionality
- Posting of journals, challenging and assisting where necessary
- Coordinating accurate and on-time monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes for the UK
- Review and approval of bank reconciliations prepared by colleagues within the finance team
- Full ownership of ad-hoc requests for information from key stakeholders across various functions
What we need from you:
- Fully qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) accountant with post-qualification experience
- Proven experience of playing a key role in the period-end process gained from a similar role in industry
- Strong systems experience - SAP, Oracle, Hyperion or similar preferred
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills
- Willingness to commit to a long-term contract assignment with potential to become a permanent employee in the future
The successful applicant will receive a generous basic salary, plus car allowance, bonus, 25 days paid leave + bank holidays, flexible working, and lots more.
This is urgent role with interviews to take place during week commencing 26th April 2021 - apply now for immediate consideration.