We're on the lookout for a qualified bookkeeping and payments clerk who will be working with our organization's accounts. Bookkeeper duties might involve recording transactions, preparing financial statements and bank deposits. The ideal candidate for this position has an excellent head for numbers, is familiar with Xero and MS Office, diligent, reliable and is committed to meeting deadlines.
- Records daily financial transactions and maintains accurate ledgers
- Verifies receipts and makes payments to the bank through cash or cheque
- Monitors office expenses and pays vendor invoices
- Verifies accuracy of transactions and makes sure they're correctly entered in ledgers
- Develops daily and monthly financial and statistical reports for management
- Converse with suppliers and customers about finance matters
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a bookkeeper
- Basic data entry experience for starters
- Skilled in using MS Office and Xero software.
- Eye for detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Integrity and confidentiality; a position that requires one to maintain an entire organization's financial records requires one's moral character to be of the highest fibre.
- In-depth knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures, best practices and terminology.
Please note this is a hybrid role in the current COVID safe environment where 2-3 days per week is office based (Newcastle) and 2-3 days per week is home based (remote).