International Trade Compliance Professional
Large and diverse Midlands business where you will get a fantastic opportunity to springboard your career forward with no barriers to your progression.
Global brand based in Birmingham.
The Compliance Professional is charged with supporting the delivery of a comprehensive risk based international trade and sanctions compliance programme. This includes ongoing monitoring across pan compliance controls to ensure the business remains compliant, calling out risks and concerns regarding the effectiveness of the appropriate controls and areas for improvement.
- Responsible for providing pan second line oversight of first line controls and assurance systems.
- Accountable for elements of investigations into potential breaches and non-conformances to policies and processes and monitoring completion of remedial and consequential actions. Responsible for providing transactional specialist advice to the business on the application of ethics and compliance policies.
- Responsible for conducting non-complex independent regulatory compliance reviews and overseeing the implementation of the associated remedial and consequential actions to conclusion.
- Contributes to and supports the delivery of coaching, communications and training events to high risk communities, to enhance first line knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for inputting data / insights to the production of papers for quarterly ARCs and other governance committees
- Responsible for contributing to initiatives underpinning the Risk, Compliance and Assurance goals and objectives
- Review sanctions flags shared from procurement in relation to on-boarding or in life screening of suppliers. Provide advice on less complex alerts and escalate more complex alerts to the relevant Specialist for review
- Keep up to date on export regulation reforms and trade sanctions informing both Supply Chain and the relevant business units as necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: must be able to convey compliance findings and similar matters in a way that is impactful and succinct to business audiences at all levels
- Story-telling with data: strong skills in extracting risks and controls insights drawing on data and analytical techniques where appropriate
- Project management: strong time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise commitments and deliver to agreed timescales
- Ideally you will have or be prepared to undertake study / qualifications for a recognised compliance qualification. Alternatively to have other specialist expertise sufficient to outweigh the need for a qualification.
- Ideally you will have either experience of compliance, assurance, risk management, a good grasp of controls / working in a control orientated environment or practical experience of working in an operational export control or sanctions role.
Excellent salary plus:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.