Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
My client is a well known top 6 accountancy firm who are recruiting within their corporate tax team. We are recruiting for an assistant manager to join the team.
Client DetailsFriendly, driven and diverse, they service clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across the firm to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients' evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team.
The Corporate and M&A team cover a wide spectrum of tax advisory matters including core compliance, transaction focused advisory, tax risk, innovation and technology solutions. They work alongside the firm's key sector teams. Their people have flexibility in the areas and sectors they cover and are able to support the teams' growth through their contribution. You will work with great people and great clients in a vibrant and innovative team in London and from home.
DescriptionThis role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis. A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients. Responsibilities (Corporate tax assistant manager)
- Provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients using resource from a shared service team or via technology tools.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of client take on and engagement, billings, and identification of opportunities to improve recoveries, together with cash collection.
- Pays attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice.
- Develops professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience.
- Understands potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm's quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person.
- Get involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
- Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Project and staff management experience
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing with client senior management
- Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
- Accountancy practoce exposure
Competitive package and flexible working arrangements