Production Controller - Pine Brook, NJ
The Production Controller is responsible for pharmacy network planning, production control, and accountability for achieving daily volume, productivity, and cost targets for both home delivery and specialty operations that align with KPIs, service levels, and consumer experience standards and objectives. The role works closely with fulfillment site leadership to achieve optimal throughput, productivity, and cost targets.
- Manage balancing production and cost targets with business and SLA targets including Turn-Around -Time (TAT) and Need-By-Time (NBT) standards
- Assess and take action to correct areas / issues that inhibit the sites or the network in achieving all KPIs
- Assess, develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that contribute to overall business objectives
- Understand how to escalate issues by leading the right conversations and parties to derive solutions (examples include but are not limited to): Site state penetration, TAT/NBT, Productivity & Cost-To-Fill, Daily site throughput, Work-In-Progress, WIP), Site allocation, Workforce hours, Optimal schedule structure
- Help facilitate daily forecast / planning meetings with Site Directors (SDs), Business Intelligence/Analytics (BIA) and Workforce Management (WFM) teams to ensure alignment on volume projections and script packed and shipped throughput of the network and prior day review of network and site performance
- Ensure efficient operations and strive to continually improve production levels through daily management of (but not limited to):
- Resource / staff distribution based on incoming workflow
- Operating shift and staffing plans
- Production rates and compensation planning
- Aged orders analysis and reduction
- Inventory availability within automated and manual stations (including min / max, bulk up, replenishment and receipt management)
- System parameter oversight to ensure efficient throughput of work within automation based on incoming order mix
- Site level production planning meetings with input to overall daily network meetings
- Continual process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with peer Production Controllers on ways to drive continual improvement within the sites and network
- Explore reasons for sub-goal performance
- Draft plans, execute and monitor solutions
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working in fulfillment or mail-order pharmacy operations
- 3+ years of experience in demand / forecast planning and production control of automated fulfilment or manufacturer facilities
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Certifications - Six Sigma Black Belt
- Leadership experience, influencing skills, strategy
- Good communication / collaboration with multiple level partners
- Numerical reasoning, understanding of data and business intelligence functions
- Demand / forecast and production planning, financial accountability
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Production Controller, Pine Brook , NJ, New Jersey