Senior Manager, Corporate Finance
Our Corporate Strategy organization is a critical player in developing and operationalizing Vonage's short and long-term strategy, as well as helping evaluate and make critical business decisions. They work with C-level business and functional leaders across the organization to formulate, present and track key business and operational strategies and underpin this with rigorous financial analysis and tracking.
Why this role matters:
As a Senior Manager, Corporate Finance, you will be an individual contributor who will focus on Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) for engineering, technology and product development. You will be integrally involved in driving financial analytics, data compilation and vetting for our Engineering and Product functional groups. We derive a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take in managing and scaling the company. This FP&A role sits within the larger corporate strategy and finance group, which also covers strategy, M&A, IR (investor relations), capital markets and FP&A. Thus, will allow the right candidate to build broader skill sets over time.
What you will do:
- Work closely with their operational teams to provide financial modeling and analysis, developing and vetting internal budgets and forecasts.
- Provide monthly variance analysis, evaluating profitability and returns of various engineering and product initiatives and provide competitive benchmarking.
- Develop financial models and analysis for new products and technology initiatives, build business case in collaborating with cross-functional teams to measure projected revenues, earnings and ROI.
- Track ROI across newly launched and existing products. Help maintain financial and operational data sets for R&D portfolio of initiatives and projects.
- Create and enhance financial models used in developing and managing the Engineering and Product annual budgets and forecasts as well as long term planning.
- Provide monthly/quarterly variance analysis and review of results to the Engineering and Product operations team.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product leads to drive efficiency savings, track / build headcount plans, with cross-functional teams to understand dependencies and risk manage financials and with accounting teams to review and track monthly spend by vendor.
- Assist with preparation of monthly internal financial reporting.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering, sciences, economics or finance
- 3 to 6 years of experience operational or management consulting, FP&A, investment banking and/or private equity
- Familiarity with enterprise transformation and ability to link business / operational drivers to financials; experience in managing financials for agile engineering, product dev and/or technology teams
- Experience in preparing management-level decks and supporting ad hoc analyses
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with Oracle Fusion, Oracle EPBCS, Tableau and other BI tools preferred
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.