Jr. Finance Associate
Under the supervision of the Associate Site Controller of Finance, the Jr. Finance Associate combines the duties of business analytics & financial & cost control. On the cost accounting side, the individual in this role will have the responsibility of standard cost setting, variance monitoring, manufacturing accruals and intercompany profit eliminations. On the business side, this individual is responsible for providing support to the business through the preparation and effective communication of high quality, insightful and timely business and financial analytics. The person will act as the key liaison on all financial matters between the production team, supply chain team, generic business team and finance team.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for internal management reporting, cost management, and supporting analysis, including product processing yield analysis, direct labor analysis, raw material yield (inventory adjustments) analysis, root cause failure analysis and automating reporting and analysis using advanced Excel and access tools
- Responsible for cost models and product pricing studies and new item set-ups
- Work the annual budget process for the production, corporate functions and CAPEX planning; generates all required reports, schedules and presentations
- Oversees and manages the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Prepares the monthly business management reporting package including, but not limited to, operating results, variances from budget, forecast and prior year, price volume and gross profit analyses, discussions of key metrics and business drivers, risk and opportunities
- Reviews monthly CAPEX management reporting package including spending forecast, variance and cash flow monitoring.
- Accountable for internal controls, financial control documentation and testing, and supporting audits.
- Data management: supports SAP processes and system development.
- Generates monthly sales and gross profit trend reports
- Analyzes financial impact of new business opportunities, competitive price and/or volume shifts, annual customer bids, etc.
- Generates ad hoc reports and analytics as needed
- Exemplifies Lupin's core values through conduct, decision-making, and all forms of communication
- Other duties and tasks as it applies to effectively handle above listed responsibilities.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Top-notch Excel skills; SAP knowledge a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally with sales, marketing, production planning and business development at all levels of management
- Proactive, motivated, analytical and strategic thinker with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude
- Team player, capable of wearing multiple hats