Founded in 1943, Marotta Controls is a fully integrated solutions provider which designs, develops, qualifies and manufactures innovative systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and defense sectors. Our portfolio includes pressure, power, motion, fluid, and electronic controls for weapon systems, shipboard and sub-sea applications, satellites, launch vehicles, and aircraft systems. With over 200 patents, Marotta continues to build on its legacy as a highly respected, family-owned small business based in the state of New Jersey.
We take our work seriously and deliver on our promise to develop best in class technology backed up by superior quality and world-class service. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. Honors include: Outstanding Small Business Supplier -Lockheed Martin; Small Business Supplier of the Year - Lockheed Martin; Platinum Source Supplier - Northrop Grumman; Special Recognition for Outstanding Execution - The Boeing Company; Supplier of the Year Nomination - The Boeing Company; Regional Small Business of the Year - US Small Business Administration; George M. Low Award for Quality and Excellence - NASA.
Demonstrated Corporate Competencies:
- Fiscally Responsible
The Material Controller is responsible for supplying materials to support production by performing the duties involved in receiving, stocking and issuing materials. This position is responsible for all tasks relative to raw materials, components, and services that are required to support production. These activities include, but are not limited to, managing work orders and purchase orders to support the master production schedule and expedite parts as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three months related experience
- Experience with supporting production lines
- Machine shop knowledge, able to understand routers and plan accordingly
- Proficient in MS Excel
- MRP knowledge
- Able to communicate clearly both written and verbally
- Sense of urgency and desire/ability to see activities through to completion
- Self-starter, can work with little direction or supervision
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Track work orders within the machine shop and drive through completion
- Generate purchase requisitions for outside processing
- Track purchase orders to ensure on time deliveries and expedite suppliers
- Manage material flow from inception through completion
- Manage component shortages to resolution
- Work closely with all functional areas of the business, including but not limited to engineering, quality, accounting, and operations to find timely resolution to schedule attainment issues
- With minimal supervision, ensure that material flow and related activities are coordinated, executed, documented (as required) and brought to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals within the Marotta organization.
- Verifies and maintains product identification and count
- Communicates with leads and assemblers to determine schedule of work for pulling materials
- Investigates work order and purchase order discrepancies and resolves with leads
- Manage data integrity by addressing aging parts in WIP, MMR, Machine Shop and Receiving Inspection
- Supports department goals and objectives for quality and on time delivery
- Standing, sitting and squatting can be expected with lifting or other means of transfer involving tools, fixtures, carts, hoist, containers, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required include close/distance vision, peripheral/depth perception and ability to focus.
- The employee may be required to lift, push, pull and/or move items weighing up to 45 pounds
- Position entails exposure to typical manufacturing (i.e. Machine Shop, Assembly, Testing, etc.) environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
Note: The duties and responsibilities listed here serve as an example of the typical activities associated with this position. The position includes, but is not limited to these duties. Employees may perform additional duties as required by Management or as needed by the Marotta Controls, Inc. organization.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, 11 holidays, summer hours, on-site credit union and ATM, and much more. We recognize and reward our employee's accomplishments.
Please visit our website at www.marotta.com to learn more about us and to apply on line via our Career portal or apply here now. This position is at our Montville, NJ corporate offices location.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
No agencies, please