Senior Technical Specialist (6 month Fixed Term Contract, BNZ Insurances)
Hours: 37.5 hours; Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5pm with flexibility to work weekends as and when required.
At BNZ Insurance we're passionate about helping our customers be good with money through Insurance, protecting what they value most - their family, health and their financial security.
Our BNZ Insurances Technology team is responsible for delivering customer-driven solutions, with our Insurance systems, through the BNZ Insurance strategy, managing projects, providing technology services and support, and consulting and guiding the business on best practice and continuous improvements utilising Agile approaches.
Te Kaiurungi | About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our BNZ Insurances Technology team as a Senior Technical Specialist on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Our Senior Technical Specialist will provide technical advice and expertise to support the agile development, testing, implementation, and management of technology solutions for Insurances domain.
- Build configure, manage and remediate the automated delivery capability within BNZ Insurance
- Provide technical expertise on projects as required.
- Analyse, build/develop, unit test and productionise fixes
- Ensuring that the correct version of all software is in the appropriate environment and that any changes are made, or issues are addressed and rectified in a timely manner
- Create appropriate training materials for the delivery teams working alongside the team to embed the skills, knowledge and culture that are required to deliver desired outcomes
- Follow and use appropriate methodologies, standards and guidelines at all times.
- Continual research and education to ensure that your skills and knowledge stay current and this is shared within BNZ Insurance
Te Kaiurungi | About the Role
To be successful in this role, you will have broad and practical experience working within agile teams in an enterprise environment as a Senior Technical Specialist. Your ability to establish good working relationships at a project level with Architects and Project Managers will be the key to your success.
Nau mai ki te Pēke o Aotearoa |Working at BNZ
At BNZ, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every BNZer is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Oranga | Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
- Whakatā | Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At BNZ we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.
- Whakatā | Flexibility: We're big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you're based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you
Haere mai ki Te Peke o Aotearoa | Come to the Bank of New Zealand
If you're ready to join a supportive team of BNZers who are passionate about the work they do and the results they achieve, then apply now and let's create great together.
Please note that applications for this position close on 25 April 2021