Our client a successful and rapidly growing business in the Technology sector are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join the team in Farnborough, Hampshire. The role will involve occasional travel
A successful and rapidly growing business in the Technology sector
As the Management Accountant based from the Farnborough, Hampshire office you will be responsible for:
This role will report to the CFO. You would support the finance team to produce financial reports.
You will be a business partner to the divisions you support and communicate finance issues clearly to support operating divisions in all aspects of finance so that they can achieve their annual financial targets.
You will be responsible for bookkeeping, taking ownership of various accounting and reporting processes
You will need to be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines & be able to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management
- Full management accounts process on monthly, quarterly and annual basis, Hands on involvement in transactional accounting
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts to include bank, VAT, wages, purchase ledger, advance bookings/debtors, accruals and prepayments, Intercompany accounts etc.
- Assisting / managing the audit process and support in R&D tax credit application
- Manage procurement process (raise purchase orders, obtain approvals and liaise with suppliers)
- Business Partnering with Commercial teams for analysis & ad-hoc projects
- Preparation/ maintaining budgets, forecasts
- Preparation of payroll information for payroll outsource company and prepare salary reports and book journals
- Preparation of VAT returns on quarterly basis
- Reporting for National Statistics
- Cash management run
- Ad Hoc Reporting - analysis of costs, legal documentation etc.
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with strong accounting knowledge (or Qualified By Experience)
- 3-5 years' experience in preparing management accounts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
- ERP system (Oracle/ SAP/ Priority) experience will be an advantage
Salary £35,000 - £43,000
25 days holiday