We are looking for a Financial Analyst / Accountant to provide accurate, timely and data-based information on a food manufacturing company's growth and profitability. You will research and analyze financial information to help company make well-informed decisions, write reports, monitor financial movements, and assist with the monthly close process.
This position reports to the Controller.
General working hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM, but additional hours may be required as needed to ensure deadlines are met.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) considering company's goals and financial standing
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual closings; consolidate and analyze financial statements and results
- Publish monthly financial statements in a timely matter
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking, and process analysis
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Identify trends, advise company, and recommend actions to the senior management based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Work with external auditors at interim and year-end
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with all financial policies and regulations
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or relevant degree
- Proven working experience as a Finance Analyst, preferably in a multi-facility manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with NetSuite
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP's and pivot tables
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail