- A hands-on role heading up the management accounting team, being responsible for analysis, production reporting, costings & financial reporting.
- Provide strong & collaborative business partnering, and support the operations teams so they can optimise decision making
For over 100 years, this company has been acknowledged as a leading subcontractor/manufacturer within the healthcare, pharmaceutical, industrial, household and FMCG spaces, following a successful rebranding, we are now searching for a Commercial Finance Manager / Senior Accountant to drive an industry-leading team of Management Accountants.
Having grown exponentially over a number of years, and as their portfolio of both corporate and SME-level continue to expand, we are looking for the right proactive, hand-on and driven senior, qualified accountant to ensure the company continue to enhance their market share, and continue this exciting & dynamic period of expanse.
This is the perfect opportunity if you are looking to join a trusted brand who are associated with extraordinarily high-quality products across various environments & sectors.
- Lead and develop the management accounting team, providing clear objectives and directions when required
- Provide daily, weekly & monthly insight into factory performance on labour overheads and driving continuous improvement culture across the business
- Extract and manipulate large volumes of data from different databases and produce desired outputs in a timely manner to support finance and business processes
- Challenging, supporting, coaching and explaining financial concepts to non-financial employees
- Ensure the financial accounting and compliance requirements are carried out in an accurate and timely manner
- Review stock levels and accurate provisions for stock write offs, supporting the business to improve working capital
- Manage the capital expenditure process in conjunction with the Engineering team, comparing spend versus authorised budget
- Carry out monthly balance sheet reviews, including fixed assets, stock, accruals and prepayments to ensure that full controls are being applied and corporate policies are being adhered to
- Maintain product costings and have a good understanding of materials and overhead cost allocations
- Qualified Accountant - (Ideally ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience working with Sage ERP system is desirable
- Business partnering with functions outside of finance
- A self-starter, able to prioritise with a flexible approach in order to support the business at busy times and ensure all critical deadlines are met
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits