This role is primarily responsible for the analysis and assessment of commercial credit submissions, with crossover into our treasury function and management of our funding.
Maia Financial funds a diverse range of assets for corporate businesses across a range of sectors and work collectively as one team to take our business to Market.
- Applying credit skills and knowledge to each transaction to make a balanced assessment of the risk.
- Analyze and interpret financial statements across different entities and borrowing structures.
- Approval of credit submissions within own delegated authority with the ability to form opinions and recommendations on all other submissions.
- Preparation of credit papers outlining the creditworthiness of the submission.
- Discuss and deliver clear rationale on credit decisioning.
- Work with the sales team to provide a customer-centric and solutions-focused approach that seeks to find ways a submission can progress.
- Preparation and review of reporting and board packs.
- Ongoing management of the loan book.
- Strong stakeholder engagement required to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Vendor and/or equipment supplier review and accreditation.
- Adherence to and continuous development of the Credit Policy.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable.
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience in the finance industry (with a preference for equipment finance experience).
- Previously held personal delegated approval authority desirable.
- Proven record in making sound decisions and balancing risk.
- Understanding of banking compliance and regulatory issues.
- Understanding of banking/financial services operations.
- Strong Microsoft skills, advanced excel skills advantageous.