Senior Internal Auditor
Conducts assurance and consulting activities within our organization; focused primarily on financial statement risk; supports business requirements, best practices, and Sarbanes-Oxley and SSAE 16 compliance.
Key Job Activities:
1) Lead fieldwork activities associated with assurance and consulting activities; including evaluation of workflows, risks and controls within significant processes,; supporting internal control over financial reporting (i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404), client reporting objectives (i.e. Service Organization Controls), and business unit financial controls standards.
2) Conduct selective substantive financial statement audit procedures on behalf of external auditors.
3) Create audit work products, such as analyses, work papers, memoranda, and correspondence to document and support procedures performed, findings, and results.
4) Assist with write-up and reporting of identified issues and recommendations, including solicitation and evaluation of corrective actions and validation of related implementation.
5) Lead and supervise staff-level auditors, including work product coaching and input for performance feedback.
6) Interact with individuals throughout all levels and functions of the organization, including Executives and Business Unit leaders. Coordinate and consult with external audit representatives.
7) Perform other related duties and special projects as required or requested.
Required Education: in Bachelors or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.