Senior Technical Accountant
The Senior Accountant of Technical Accounting will principally 1.) Conduct research and prepare documentation of accounting treatment for various contracts, transactions and accounting issues under US GAAP and other regulatory accounting guidance and coordinate the communication of findings with the internal business partners (Corporate Controller, CFO, other finance and accounting organization, all level of business management, etc.), external auditors, and external advisor as appropriate, 2.) Support and coordinate the preparation, establishment, and compliance with Stericycle's financial policies and guidelines, 3.) Provide training to global teams for current policies, new / updated accounting guidance, and other complex areas of accounting 4.) Support on special projects requiring technical accounting guidance and leadership. 5.) Perform and support accounting review for complex accounting areas such as purchase accounting, divestiture accounting, intangible asset impairment reviews and the annual goodwill process. 6) Support the Revenue Center of Excellence including all technical accounting items under ASC 606.
Key Job Activities:
Required Education: in Bachelors
Experience (North America & LATAM):
• 3-7 years of hands-on experience in accounting and finance roles of increasing responsibility
• Experience in a more than $1.0 billion, global company
• Public company experiences preferable
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is considered a plus.
• Must possess knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.