Our outstanding team seeks you, someone who shares the passion we have for public gardens and organizational excellence. You’ll find great people to work with as we grow the American Public Gardens Association to fulfill its vision of a world where public gardens are indispensable.
The Bookkeeper performs day-to-day accounting tasks such as journal entries, invoice and payments processing, record keeping, reconciliations, and assists with preparation of financial statements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
In accordance with the Association’s Financial Policy and its Internal Controls and Procedures:
- Handles cash receipts and accounts receivable (A/R) including creating A/R invoices, payment processing, past due invoices, creating bank deposits, and record keeping
- Cash disbursements: expense recording and vendor maintenance including but not limited to review, entry, and processing vouchers for payments and credit card reconciliations, etc.
- Performs general ledger maintenance and activity such as reconciling accounting data to subsidiary A/R and accounts payable (A/P)
- May assist with other financial documentation preparation, recordkeeping, and employee orientation/benefits
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly familiar and skilled with QuickBooks software (Online version preferred) and MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel)
- Detail-oriented and extremely accurate
- Exercises sound judgement, critical thinking, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Resourceful, able to work independently on several projects at once, observes deadlines
- Familiarity with databases such as CRM’s and/or membership databases is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills via phone, email, and videoconferencing; very customer service-oriented to staff and external vendors/customers
Knowledge and Background
- Demonstrates suitable prior experience through skills, certifications, work history and/or education at an Associate’s degree level that achieve a combined two-three years’ experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or similar field and/or in a related subject area
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with nonprofits, membership organizations, or other related industries through work history and/or education and will possess knowledge of GAAP, especially relating to non-profits and Federal grants
Salary and Requirements
- The position is part-time hourly; expected weekly time commitment is between 20-25 hours.
- Salary Range is between $20-$25 per hour based on skills, knowledge, and background.
- Sitting for long periods of time is typical but brief periods of walking/standing may occur.
- Electronic and traditional paper-based files are present: reaching, grasping, grouping paperwork together and isolating single pages for use as well as an ability to lift up to 20 lbs. is needed
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a criminal background check upon hiring
- This position works from Association offices in Kennett Square, PA, but may be eligible for telecommuting after probationary period in accordance with the Association’s telework policy.
Please apply by sending a brief (250 words max.) cover letter and a resume/list of experiences and applicable skills by Friday, April 30, 2021.
A full job description is available upon request. The American Public Gardens Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome your application and interest.
Apply for Bookkeeper
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly