Senior Payroll Advisor
Watford technology company have a newly created Senior Payroll Advisor role in their Human Resources and Personnel department to aid in the transition to an external payroll provider in line with positive company growth and changes. With parking on site this is a stable and flexible Payroll role for the right individual who has experience ideally managing an outsourced UK Payroll
My client are a leading national Technology company who are based in Watford and have parking on site along with great facilities. Their Human resources and Personnel function pride themselves on being forward thinking and have recently absorbed payroll in line with the companies move from in house to outsourced payroll. A great supportive management team is in place along with a positive and stable company culture
Senior Payroll Advisor duties and responsibilities;
- Work directly with the third party payroll provider to process payroll for all employees
- Manage the Integration of the 3rd party payroll providers software and synchronisation of payroll and HR data
- Process starters and leavers
- Manage redundancy, holiday pay and any other associated amounts
- Input overtime, out of hours support, alarm and IT support
- Integrate Auto Enrolled Pensions and add newly enrolled participants to the Group Company Pension Scheme.
- Publish Pension Auto Enrollers
- Maintain and send spreadsheet for Auto Enrolled Pensioned staff to Pension Provider
- Maintain Payroll payments spreadsheets, along with maintaining spreadsheets for P11D reporting and Payroll deductions reports
- Produce and post Payroll related Journals, including Payroll Deductions, to ERP System
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human resources team to improve payroll and HR system processes.
- Evaluate and implement payroll/HR system upgrades and changes
- Produce reports
- Inform employees regarding changes to their pay e.g. end of sick pay entitlement
- Administer employee benefit programs specifically enrolments and terminations aligning with the necessary and accurate payroll deductions / P11D considerations
- Support the internal benefits review, leading in analysis and providing recommendations and costings aligned to internal and external employer of choice proposition
The Senior Payroll Advisor will have a mix of the following experience, characteristics and skills;
- Significant experience administering payroll
- Experience with managing a third party payroll provider.
- Work experience should include knowledge of payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, HR and self-service systems.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong understanding of payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrolment rules
- Ability to provide relevant information to address any employee payroll queries
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess strong organisation skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work to deadline.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess a creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, takes pride in providing excellent customer service
Great stable and flexible employer of choice in Watford and the chance to be hands on within Payroll and within a wider strong Human resources and Personnel function