Assistant Financial Accountant (Intern)
Assistant Financial Accountant:
OPPO is a leading global smartphone brand, the 5th largest smartphone company worldwide. Since launching its first smartphone - "Smiley Face" - in 2008, OPPO has been in relentless pursuit of the synergy of aesthetic and innovative technology, Today, OPPO provides customers with a wide range of smart devices spearheaded by the Find and Reno series, ColorOS operating system, as well as internet services such as OPPO Cloud and OPPO+.
OPPO operates in over 40 countries and regions with a workforce of over 40,000+ employees that strive to create beautiful products for the world. We are expanding our UK team and we currently have an excellent internship opportunity for a Finance Assistant Intern to support our growing business! You will enjoy the benefits of a small, nimble local team here in the UK, whilst also being part of a global team.
You will be part of our ongoing growing team in the UK with valuable learning opportunities as you share your ideas and creativity with the team. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to excel in their financial career. This is an opportunity for an individual to grow their knowledge within finance while contributing to the wider team.
What you would be doing:
- Bank reconciliation, ensure all bank accounts reconciled daily.
- Book keeping, process invoices, check and scrutinize invoices for accuracy.
- Manage purchase ledger, ensure all payments will be on time.
- Accrual and prepayment, and keep tracker.
- To assist with VAT return.
- Assist month end tasks, and ensure to meet deadlines according to timetable.
- Assist Financial Controller in operating and improving internal controls within the financial function.
- Ad hoc tasks to support Finance team.
- Accounting experience.
- Must have a degree or accountant equivalent qualification
- User experience on Xero system is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Willing to join a fast-paced international organization is a must
- Top in class attention to details, accurate and quality delivery
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership mentality and can-do attitude
- Passion and drive for success through constantly looking for opportunities to add value
- Proficient in Excel
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted accordingly and will be provided with additional information. If you are not contacted within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For the purpose of processing your job application, OPPO will process your personal data. We encourage you not to provide us with sensitive information (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health information, or sexual orientation) about yourself. Your application will be transferred to the local OPPO department posting this job. For information about how OPPO processes your personal data, please send your request with your application.