We are currently recruiting for an experienced Management Accountant to join our busy finance team in Barway, Ely.
Reporting to the Head of Management Accounts, the Management Accountant will be aligned to the Barway Services Limited business unit with responsibility for delivery of weekly and monthly management accounts.
- Generate key reports on Support Functions profitability to inform Business decision making, provide relevant and timely reporting on a weekly basis with clear concise commentary and investigation.
- Report profitability by SKU to aid Commercial and Product Teams to drive cost saving.
- Analysis, communication and use of relevant financial and non-financial information to drive informed decision making.
- Weekly reporting and analysis of direct and indirect labour costs and volumes with comparison to budget/forecast.
- Labour recovery and packaging usage setup for Added Value, Salads, and cover of other product areas.
- Attending Weekly and monthly Operations Exec Meeting and supporting with financial information.
Monthly End Management Accounts
- Provide relevant and timely financial metrics monthly with clear concise commentary and investigation.
- Preparation, analysis, and commentary of Support Functions. Detailed overhead analysis and meetings with budget holders. Detailed analysis of direct and indirect labour actual hours and costs v expected hours and costs.
- Reporting on open purchase orders to measure purchase order processing compliance within the BSL Team.
- Ownership of accruals and cost analysis for BSL.
- Development of format and content of weekly and monthly reports as required by the business.
Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Reconciliation of BSL Balance Sheet Accounts.
Budget and Forecasting
- Responsible for the Annual budget setting process.
- Responsible for timely reforecasting of financial results, with clear assumptions documented, to enable review of BSL anticipated performance to budget.
Procedures and Controls
- The development, upkeep and disciplining of accounting procedures manual.
- Involvement and lead in systems and process improvement projects.