Senior Tax Accountant
Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over US$600 billion of assets under management across real estate, infrastructure, private equity and credit (including through affiliate Oaktree Capital Management). Building on an investment history that stretches back more than 100 years, we own and operate long-life assets and businesses, many of which form the backbone of today's global economy. Utilizing our global reach, access to large-scale capital and operational expertise, we offer a range of investment products and services to investors around the world-including public and private pension plans, endowments and foundations, financial institutions, insurance companies and private wealth.
About The Role
You will provide high quality financial processing and reporting, enabling accurate and informed decision-making for the successful performance of the business. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of quarterly tax effect accounting and reporting pack for Brookfield Australia to overseas parent company, ensuring the Group Reporting Pack is completed accurately and timely each quarter.
- Preparation of half year and yearly tax effect accounting and related tax note disclosures for statutory purposes in accordance with relevant accounting standards, including liaison with external auditors.
- Developing best practice tax effect accounting process for consolidated tax group.
- Ensuring compliance with SOX at a group level for relevant controls and testing.
- Maintaining the necessary levels of technical experience by attending approved courses and training programs.
- Assist with the transition and implementation of quarterly tax effect accounting process onto a global tax software platform
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement, creating, and maintaining process documentation and record keeping.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following:
- A relevant tertiary degree, coupled with ideally a CA certification and/or Masters of Tax.
- 3-5 years' experience in either a commercial tax role or within an accounting firm.
- Experience with tax-effect accounting and statutory account preparation will be considered highly advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of AIFRS and Australian Accounting Standards.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office applications and preferably with Oracle Financials & BI Tool applications.
- Ability to adapt and use internal software.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
Disclaimer: Brookfield Asset Management does not accept any unsolicited resumes from Recruitment Agencies and the company shall not be liable for any fees incurred from any unsolicited resumes received from third parties.
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring. For more details, we encourage applicants to read Brookfield's Applicant Data Protection and Privacy Notice, found on our website:
Powered by JazzHR