Since 1935, firefighters and their families have counted on the support and services of Firefighters First Credit Union. We have since expanded nationwide and grown from over 800 members our first year to 53,000 members and over $1.8 billion in assets. As an employee of FFCU, we offer competitive salary and benefits including FREE employee only options for medical, dental, and vision. For those who want to continue their higher education, we offer tuition reimbursement programs and educational loans.
Currently, we have an immediate opening for a Tax Services Officer/Manager/Consultant. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, this person will be
responsible for overseeing the consultation of tax services with consumers, credit union members, and business owners as described below:
- As head of the tax division, hiring, scheduling, and delegating duties to employees under him/her.
- Supervising all activities and functions of the tax division.
- Coaching and mentoring employees in support of career development and/or skill enhancements.
- Empowering team members to fully control each part of the various processes they perform, always looking for efficiencies and automation opportunities.
- Ensuring team members have the training, tools, and resources to successfully perform their jobs.
- Establishing and leading the strategy, direction, objectives, and all initiatives for the tax division.
- Developing and delivering the strategic vision by adhering to our cultural values.
- Ensuring quality tax services are rendered to individuals and businesses (including bookkeeping and payroll).
- Growing the tax division by promoting the Credit Union’s services and expanding our client base.
- Developing and adhering to approved budgets.
- Engaging with members, providing consultation, and ensuring members, clients, and businesses meet their tax obligations.
- Evaluating and delivering value-added tax products and services to members.
- Delivering, hosting, and/or participating in educational activities through webinars and/or seminars for members.
- Ensuring confidentiality of all client data.
- Staying abreast of and ensuring compliance with tax laws and other regulations on a nationwide basis.
- Creating, evaluating, and updating policies and procedures to ensure the division is current with all laws and regulations.
- Assisting with training of new employees.
- Performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Working on other assignments to support the credit union’s efforts to deliver value-added products and services to members.
- Participating on project teams by providing specialized knowledge, skills, or resources to progress the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or JD, and an active member on one of those bodies.
- Bondable through CTEC (California Tax Education Council).
- Minimum of seven to ten years' experience with tax services.
- Experience in public accounting, corporate tax filings, and vast knowledge of tax laws and procedures.
- Experience delivering, hosting, and participating in educational and marketing activities for team members or clients to increase awareness of tax services, updates/changes in IRS and State level regulations and laws.
- Experience preparing tax reports, correspondence, research memoranda, and submitting to the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Experience preparing annual GAAP financial tax provisions for corporations and preparing consolidated Federal and annual State tax returns.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with current Federal and State regulation and laws, and trends.
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
Firefighters First Federal Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Firefighters First Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 323-550-2214.