Based in St. Albans the aim of this Trust Manager role is to become a key member of our Trust Team reporting direct to Directors and Partners and looking after an interesting and varied portfolio of high-quality trust clients.
Mercer & Hole have been helping clients since 1905, which is a testament to their long-standing reputation. However, their real focus is on the future, both for their client's businesses and for creating wealth for the next generation. They are placed in the UK market as a top 40 accountancy firm, one of the top accountancy firms for private client and as a top financial planning company. They are proud to recognised as an independent UK firm with international reach. This exciting opportunity for a Trust Manager to to join this growing firm based in St. Albans.
- Responsible for an interesting and varied portfolio of UK resident trusts
- Trust compliance including accounts and tax return preparation
- Inheritance tax forms and calculations for trusts
- Preparing and briefing partners for annual Trustee meetings
- Attending meetings with Directors and/or Partners
- Reviewing work prepared by members of the team, input into their training and mentoring
- Assisting with advisory work and ad-hoc matters
- Liaising with the tax and financial planning team, as appropriate, to ensure a joined-up approach
- Monitoring budgets, own chargeability and raising fee notes
- Experience of charitable trusts, probate work and estate accounts advantageous but not essential
As a Trust Manager based in St. Albans you will be working alongside Director and Partner you will be gain or build on your existing experience in managing Trust Seniors and Apprentices.
You will also ideally possess/be the following:
- Ideally ACCA, CTA and/or STEP qualified
- Alternatively, qualified by experience if appropriate competence can be demonstrated
- A working knowledge of CCH Trust Accounts and CCH Personal Tax would be advantageous but training will be provided. The firm uses CCH Practice Management System.
- Proficient in preparing/reviewing trust accounts and tax returns
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent IT skills along with a willingness to adapt and evolve in this digital age
- Excellent organisational skills
- Motivated and resilient with a positive outlook
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- Life Assurance 4x
- 37.5 hours Monday - Friday 0900-1730 with flexi hours
- Opportunity to be part of fantastic company culture