Tax Consultant - (Relocate to Sydney)
aleksandar. have been appointed to manage a recruitment process on behalf of a leading ASX listed organisation to identify a Tax Consultant in Sydney. Our business partner is recognised as a market leader in the infrastructure and property development sector and is dedicated to innovation and sustainability. This opportunity would suit a tax professional who is keen to relocate to Sydney.
As the Tax Consultant within a domestic Group Tax team you will be joining this fast-moving organisation to support the Tax function during an exciting period of growth and expansion.
The Tax Consultant will be responsible for the preparation and co-ordination of the accurate and timely lodgement of all statutory tax returns across the group. The role will also involve assisting with timely and effective tax advice to specific business units across the group.
Your success in this role will rely heavily on your experience in corporate income tax. You will have a strong knowledge and understanding of taxation risk and regulatory requirements (learned at a big4/mid-tier accounting firm) and also an appreciation of 'best practice' for Australian groups operating in a global market.
Candidates we are interested to speak with must have the ability to:
- Prepare and review various tax compliance matters across the group including; corporate income tax returns, FBT, GST, BAS, monthly and year-end tax provisions.
- Manage internal tax compliance through monitoring of tax legislative changes, including communication of these changes to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Calculation of the quarterly PAYG income tax installment.
- Transactional analysis and management of tax sensitive accounts.
- Provide ad hoc tax advice regarding GST and corporate income tax.
- Liaise and work with business units for tax opportunities and continuous improvements.
- Manage external relationships with the ATO.
- Currently at Tax Consultant or Senior Tax Consultant/Analyst level at a big4 or mid-tier accounting firm.
- Experience with tax consolidated groups and strong knowledge of Australian tax law, predominantly across corporate income tax.
- Tax effect accounting experience is desirable but not required.
- Understanding of GST and Payroll Tax is highly desirable.
- Professional and committed with excellent communication skills.
- A commercial mind-set with the ability to analyse and glean insights from data.
Suitable candidates registered with aleksandar. have already been contacted directly about this position and are progressing to the next stage of the process. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply as soon as possible.
aleksandar. is Asia Pacific's leading privately-held tax executive search and talent management consulting firm. The firm provides mid-to-senior-level tax search and selection, talent management, contract solutions and integration services to many of the world's most respected organisations. Our clients range from large listed corporations to emerging growth companies, start-ups and privatised government organisations. For more information on our services, please visit:
Tax Compliance, Corporate Tax, Tax Effect Accounting