Credit Risk Officer (12-month contract)
When you join Capricorn, you join a community of people who enjoy coming to work and a company that genuinely invests in their employees. Our culture is one of our most valued assets, so when we recruit, we look for people that not only share our values but are also excited to celebrate our successes. It is our dedication to creating a great place to work, that has resulted in Capricorn being finalists in the AIMWA Pinnacle Awards for Human Resource Management Excellence for the last two consecutive years.
Making Capricorn a great place to work is our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We recognise diversity and inclusion as one of our most important resources and this is why we are committed to ensuring our work lives fit in with our personal lives. We offer our employees a flexible working environment, paid parental leave in addition to supporting employee's individual circumstances. Other great benefits of working with Capricorn include 'dress for your day' dress code, wellness program, ability to purchase leave, access to a range of discounts, a fantastic reward and recognition program and plenty of social events to keep our team connected.
The role and what we are looking for
Reporting to the credit risk team leader, this role is responsible for processing new Member applications and ensuring appropriate credit risk assessments occur for the new Member accounts.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Processing and assessing new Member applications;
- Reviewing applications and ensuring all information meets verification requirements and reflects correct legal entities;
- Resolving problems with applications;
- Performing enquiries on relevant regulatory websites and sourcing property reporting for prospective memberships.
This role is a 12-month full-time contract position.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role or administrative role in a professional environment;
- Sound understanding in credit risk assessment practices; and
- The ability to meet business demands, deadlines, and timeframes specific to the role as they arise including the ability to multitask and prioritise.
Who are we?
Capricorn is a member-based financial services organisation which exists to improve the lives of over 23,000 Members across Australia and New Zealand by supporting them in building stronger automotive businesses. We provide products and services including trade credit, risk protection, equipment finance, trade events, travel services, fuel cards and more. Last financial year Member purchases exceeded $2.1 billion and Member returns exceeded $55 million.
The next steps
If you think you are the right person for this role and you believe in a Member first culture, then please apply now. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, so it is better to apply sooner rather than later. If you need any assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact HR on (08) 6250 9500.
For further information and detail on Capricorn, please visit our website at www.capricorn.coop/careers .