Libbey is currently seeking a full-time Tax Manager to join our corporate tax department. The successful candidate is an intellectually driven, organized and detail orientated individual with a desire to assume increasing responsibility over time.
Reporting to the Vice President of Tax, this role is involved with a broad range of recurring assignments such as U.S. GAAP tax accounting and compliance, with a particular emphasis on the U.S. reporting for non-U.S. affiliates. This role frequently interfaces with internal partners in Legal, Treasury and Corporate Accounting. Experience in these areas is preferred, but the company will assist with training and development of these skills for the right candidate.
- Preparation of U.S. tax compliance related to foreign operations
- Assist with tax provisions
- Assist with control compliance
- Assist outside service provider(s) with transfer pricing analysis and BEPS compliance
- Tax research
- Special projects
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification and/or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years public accounting tax experience or corporate equivalent
- Mentally nimble – willing to embrace new projects and tax specialty areas not previously mastered
- Ability to build effective relationships across business and functions in a matrix organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (including advanced knowledge of Excel), and the aptitude to learn to use new information systems
- Self-motivated. Follow up on and take ownership of all outstanding issues on a timely basis.
- Commitment to strict deadlines
Libbey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.