Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 17, 2021
JOB TYPE: Full-time Tenure Track Probationary
Bemidji State University (BSU) invites qualified applicants to join our team as an Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting. BSU’s vision is to educate people to lead inspired lives. To accomplish BSU’s vision, the University prioritizes creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. BSU also prioritizes increasing engagement with Indigenous communities to become a destination university.
BSU is located amid the lakes and forests of northern Minnesota and occupies a wooded campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. BSU balances rigorous academia with the opportunity to enjoy a fun, robust, outdoor culture. The proximity to the lake and the surrounding north woods allows easy access to an assortment of recreation. Major campus facilities are connected by all-season underground passages for safe and warm travel during the cold, winter months.
Enrolling more than 5,100 students, BSU offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of more than 550. BSU’s Shared Fundamental Values include civic engagement and leadership, international and multicultural understanding, belief in the power of the liberal arts, and environmental stewardship.
The Department of Accountancy at BSU currently houses undergraduate and graduate-level programs including a BS in Accounting and Masters in Public Accounting (MPA). The Department offers effective programs of study providing students the theoretical and technical knowledge needed to excel in accountancy with a well-rounded business education. The Department offers students a program to prepare for CPA certification as well as internships, conference participation, and opportunities to work directly with members of the community. The department is fully committed to equity and to diversity in our faculty and students.
Responsibilities of the Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting include:
- Teaching a variety of undergraduate and graduate classes on campus and online, particularly advanced accounting.
- Contributing to a program of scholarship within the discipline, student advising, service to the University and community, and other associated faculty duties.
- Contributing to interdisciplinary teaching and involvement in activities that support BSU’s Shared Fundamental Values.
- Contributing to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the department, including curriculum development, assessment, and other departmental governance activities.
- Assisting with programmatic accreditation.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- PhD in Accounting - ABD will be considered if completed by the hiring date.
- Education and/or training in US GAAP.
- Evidence of successful quality teaching and demonstrated experience with assessing student learning.
- Demonstrate experience working with and/or interest working with students and colleagues from multi-cultural and diverse backgrounds and using culturally responsive pedagogy and practice
Preferred qualifications include:
Evidence of a familiarity and understanding of US income taxation.
Demonstrated skills/ability to design and deliver online courses with D2L Bright Space or similar software programs or be willing to obtain the necessary skills for online course design and delivery.
Private, public, or governmental accounting experience in addition to academic qualifications.
APPLY ONLINE: https://bemidjistate.peopleadmin.com/