Group Financial Controller
A position has been newly created for a commercially minded and operationally driven Senior Finance Professional to join a fast-paced growing business in the Dorset area.
As a Financial Controller you will be required to manage and oversee the financial performance of two entities; play a vital part in managing, developing and implementing relevant measures and projects to meet the needs of the business.
Our client is a well-established brand and UK leader in their field, looking to bring in a new member into their finance team on a permanent basis. Working closely with the Management team and CFO, the Financial Controller will play a crucial part in overseeing financial performance, actively supporting strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely information to help control the activities of the business and monitor performance versus targets.
- Support the delivery of both commercial and operational strategy as well as robust business planning and financial controls.
- Provide support for all departments in understanding costs, developing systems, ad-hoc reporting and capital requests.
- Maintain a system of financial controls to ensure transactions are properly recorded and assets are safeguarded.
- Facilitate reviews of business performance and ensure actions are taken to improve performance.
- Develop the profile of the Finance Team through increased involvement in cross-functional groups and through providing support at all levels.
- Ensure financial input to the businesses decision-making process.
- Evaluate Capital Expenditure requests to ensure they are financially sound and give the business the correct return.
- To monitor spend to ensure controls and assist forecasting.
- Understand all cost drivers in the business (e.g. standards reviews, overhead details) and ensure accurate product costs.
- Enhance management understanding through ongoing provision of information and education promoting a cost awareness culture.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA (Fully Qualified)
- Previous experience as Financial Controller (5+ yrs)
- FMCG background - ability to work within a fast paced changeable environment
- Experience of dealing and operating successfully in a matrixed business structure
- Strong Team Management / Leadership Skills
- Able to demonstrate drive, an open-mind and ambition to get stuck in
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the whole business from a commercial, innovation and manufacturing point of view.
A competitive salary + package, opportunity for a long-term career path in a busy environment
Playing a key part in the finance function with motivation to grow and support the business at all times, during growth / change.