Accounts Payable / Assistant Accountant
The Payables Officer / Assistant Accountant, along with a dedicated Payables Officer, reports into the Financial Controller in a finance team of eight. The role will liaise with every tribe across the business and be responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the Payables function and providing accounting support to the Finance tribe.
Specific tasks include:
· Manage the principal clothing supplier account; including the matching of invoices for payment, reconciling of advances paid and processing of foreign currency settlements.
· Administer, review and process credit card payments through Expensify.
· Reconcile supplier accounts, including supplier advances, and resolution of queries.
· Accurate and timely capture / importing of supplier invoices and employee reimbursements.
· Weekly payment runs, ensuring payment terms are met, and remittances issued.
· Evaluation and creation of prepayment amortisation journals.
· Manage and control system that accounts for the lead national courier.
· Assist in preparing month end close procedures including associated journals.
· Other ad hoc accounting duties to support the broader team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and an enthusiastic 'can-do' attitude.
· An aptitude for working with Accounting software and affinity to quickly learn systems.
· Ability to multi-task, use initiative and work productively in a fast-paced, creative environment.
· Willing to work as part of a team and interact with all levels within the business.
Qualifications and Experience
· A minimum of two years direct accounts payable experience covering the full process from invoice processing to payment, including three-way matching of inventory items.
· Tertiary qualification in Accounting (Bachelor of Commerce desirable) with a good understanding of double-entry accounting and reconciliations.
· Strong literacy in the Microsoft suite of products - Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Prior experience with NetSuite ERP highly desirable, or other similar ERP system.
Perks of working in our Tribe...
· Generous discount, tribe member uniform allowance and access to regular sample sales
· A wholistic Health and Wellbeing offering that includes meditation (in our own meditation room!), PT and yoga
· On the job training and development opportunities.
· We firmly believe in bring our fur babies to work and they are often spotted around the office
· Our CAMILLA parties are otherworldly!
If you think you are the perfect addition to our Finance tribe, float on over and apply now!