A varied Management Accountant position working in an established finance department and reporting into a qualified accountant.
This opportunity is perfect for experienced candidates nearing completion of their professional accountancy qualification.
This role will be working from home for the foreseeable and will offer a blend of working from the Leeds office and home in the future.
Page Personnel are representing a large organisation in the education sector with a Management Accountant position. This organisation is a key employer in Leeds, with an exceptionally high scores on sites such as Glassdoor and Indeed.
As Management Accountant, you will contribute to the preparation of the monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts, as well as supporting the annual financial planning and quarterly forecasting. The successful applicant will support with the preparation of Income & Expenditure forecasts and quarterly in-year financial forecasts.
- Preparation of the Income & Expenditure financial forecasts, in-year financial forecasts and General Revenue Income Forecasts;
- Preparing elements of the Monthly Financial Management Information pack;
- Working on the year-end accounts;
- Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Setting budgets for strategic fund spend;
- Producing monthly strategic fund reports, complete with narrative;
- Year-end review of account spend and budgets with Finance Managers;
- Other duties as required.
Candidates wishing to apply to this role should:
- Have recently worked in Management Accounts / Financial Reporting role;
- Be working towards a professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA);
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Have a high level of computer literacy, including Advanced Excel;
- A fantastic working knowledge of monthly management accounts.
A competitive salary ranging from £34,000-£40,000 + varied and interesting Management Accountant role + excellent employee benefits package + study support option available + generous annual leave entitlement plus closure days + Leeds based office with working from home options.