Credit Control Assistant
Credit Control Assistant
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
£20.067 plus a generous pension scheme and a range of company benefitsHere at Cadent we're at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We're new but we're 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we've transformed ourselves to Cadent). We're the UK's largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer's 12 million homes and businesses across the UK. We're proud of our story so far and we're super powered up about what our future holds. That's where you come in! Join us as a Credit Control Assistantand start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
The Credit Control Assistant will support the provision of the Accounts Receivable team.
The Credit Controller Assistant will be responsible for the prioritisation and proactive collection of debt, full account reconciliations and determining effective credit decisions on behalf of Cadent Gas Limited. This will include handling inbound and outbound calls.
The Credit Controller Assistant will ensure compliance with credit policies, controls and associated debt recovery processes to actively reduce age of debt across portfolios and to ensure minimum bad debt exposure.
• CSEPS, Intercompany, Sustainable Gas, NSA's and dealing with invoices / credits / cash and any other additional adhoc tasks that are requested by management
• Dealing with invoice and payment queries to provide resolution, to internal and external parties and to escalate complex enquiries where required
• Administer the process of customer payments via Credit / Debit Card payments with PDQ
• Monitor and investigate the unallocated cash account balances and achieve targets set by management
• Ensure the highest levels of customer service to optimise the customer's experience of Cadent Gas Limited
• Operate office systems and equipment, process documents and maintain accurate departmental information, ensuring data privacy at all times
You will possess the following skills, knowledge and qualifications:
• A proven track record of managing debt portfolios
• Accurately processing data, and working to tight deadlines
• Experience of influencing and negotiating to provide resolution of queries and collection of debt
• Experience of analysing data and delivering a problem-solving capability
• Experience of working in a team, working together towards delivering team goals and targets as well as using your own initiative and being proactive
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding customer requirements and to provide clear and concise advice as required
• Excellent telephone skills and a confident approach to handling customer calls
• Experience of working effectively to business processes and standards
• A good working knowledge of SAP, Excel, Word
At Cadent we've got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You'll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and InclusionCadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion,the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.We're committed to be Disability Confident in line with the Department For Work and Pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come.