Cardiff / Barry.
Competitive, based on level of experience and qualifications.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
TaxAssist Accountants is the largest small business accountancy group in the UK, with over 200 branches and industry-leading support and systems. This is a great chance to be part of a very successful, award-winning brand and business model.
About the role
We are looking for a Practice Accountant to join our expanding accountancy practice located in Cardiff and Barry. We provide a friendly, flexible and proactive all year-round service to small businesses and individuals in the local area.
This will be a varied and challenging role, and duties will include:
• Preparation and review of Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
• Preparation and review of Self-Assessment Tax Returns for Sole Traders, Rental Property Income, Individuals and Partnerships
• Preparation of Corporation Tax Computations for Limited Companies
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
• Preparation, review and submission of VAT Returns
• Provision of client-focused support including client meetings
• Establishing and maintaining a professional and friendly working relationship with outsourced partners
• Conduct new-client sales meetings
What we need from you
Must have a "can do" attitude and be able to work independently with appropriate support. You should be proactive, motivated and willing to learn, with a problem-solving attitude. You will be confident in engaging with clients to build a rapport and offer solutions and direction.
Qualifications and Experience
• Qualified AAT, part qualified/qualified ACCA or similar. QBE also considered
• Recent and relevant experience in a practice environment
• Current working knowledge of UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
• Strong knowledge of computerised accounting systems
• Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients
• Conscientious, committed and reliable
• Able to work to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of your work
• Competitive salary depending on experience
• Company pension scheme
• In-house training programme and ongoing CPD
• Employee assistance programme - Health Assured
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then please submit your CV and covering letter, including your salary expectation.