Director - Compensation & Benefits
This role will report to the VP - Compensation and Benefits and is responsible for the compensation and benefits agenda for the UK and a portfolio of EMEA countries. The role will work closely with our local Colleague Market Partner teams as well as with external consultants, vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure that C&B investments, program design and governance meets business goals and delivers value. As well as supporting the UK / EMEA remit, the role will work alongside the other EMEA C&B Director and 3 further regional C&B Directors internationally to contribute to the global C&B agenda and to deliver global initiatives. The role requires a focus on people development and heads up a team of C&B professionals. It and will also provide project direction to C&B team members across Europe and globally.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Solid technical skills in both compensation and benefits delivery
- Understanding of the key drivers of compensation and benefit plan program changes in current market environment
- Experience in a people leader role in C&B or a related field
- International experience beneficial
- Ability to build relationships with third party advisers and vendors
- Highly credible C&B professional with well-developed relationship building skills
- Robust problem solving and highly developed critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence others at all levels in the organization and maintain effective relationships with external partners
- High attention to detail and excellence in execution
- Substantial network outside organization in the compensation and benefits community
- Proven people leadership skills, managing diverse teams and developing talent
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.