payroll and Pensions Lead
Integral and well established public sector organisation, offering an experienced Payroll and Pensions Lead an excellent opportunity on a 9 month temporary contract initially paying a salary of £28,737, working 37hrs a week on a flexi time basis. This role will play a part in the pay and pensions change project for the organisation.
About The Role:
• The HR team are responsible for the pay/pensions service of the organisation Payroll is outsourced our teams are still required to complete a high volume of transactions and payroll processes each month to instruct changes such as new starters, leavers, promotions, and overtime to the payroll provider
• This role will work along side the HR team purely focused on pay and pensions
• As the organisation has grown in size, the HR team now need an extra person to manage the increasing volume of payroll transactions alongside our other more HR-focussed priorities
• This role will be a dedicated payroll support during this period of change
• The pay/pension lead will contribute to the change projects looking at re-procuring payroll services and considering other systems to remove the high volume of manual inputting currently required in this role
• Completing the monthly processes in current state whilst working towards and providing support to change this for the future
Essential Skills & Experience
• Candidates with a background in payroll and pensions
• Public sector experience would be desirable
• Excellent attention to detail and good problem solving skills, with the ability to unpick complex pay queries or potential errors
• Personally effective with the ability to work to tight timescales
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively manage relationships with third party suppliers
• A good team player - although this person will provide dedicated resource to the payroll processes, they will be working within the wider HR team who all contribute to the payroll process and the final sign off, as well as the ICO Finance department.
About The Benefits
37 hrs Mon-Fri 9am-5pm flexible working hours available
Opportunity to work flexi time once established in the role
9 month contract
Currently work from home however when the office reopens based in Wilmslow close to public transport links
Full pay on bank holidays plus generous holiday entitlement
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.