Assoc. Director, Financial Reporting, Americas
United States of America
OT553: Otis NHQ - Golden Bear Plaza 11760 US Highway 1 Suite W600, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33408 USA
Job Title: Associate Director, Financial Reporting
If you have these four (4) traits, you will love this role:
- Business Insight, desire to learn how the business works and how organizations make money.
- Communicates Effectively, you are effective in a variety of communication settings, attentively listen to others, and provide timely and help information to others in the organization.
- Drives Results, you persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Financial Acumen understand the meaning and implications of key financial indicators.
Summary: This is a great opportunity to join the Otis Americas finance team. This highly visible role will lead the Otis North America Financial Reporting team reporting directly to the Otis America's Controller. This key role will work across the Americas' organization to achieve the company financial goals and support the WHQ Corporate Controllers group with SEC Reporting.
What you'll do:
- Lead the Financial Reporting team in different functional areas such as
- Month-end close, including WHQ Deliverables to support SEC Reporting
- Treasury, including hedging, dividend reporting, cash management
- Tax & Audit (both internal & external)
- Account Reconciliations
- Accounting & Control Assessments
- Risk Management Reporting
- Establish and execute the objectives of the organization through development of strategic goals
- Coordinate presentations to Americas Executive Leadership Team management including Balance Sheet Reviews and Quarterly 302 Rep Letter meetings providing insightful commentary to leadership.
- Interact with different functional areas within Finance and Americas Business Units to ensure accounting processes are robust and in compliance with policies.
- Be the liaison between Otis Americas Finance and Otis Controllers WHQ team as well as Otis Global Shared Services.
- Organize support for the Quarterly Controllers call, providing Key Topics, Outstanding Reporting Issues, Contingencies and Significant Accounting entries.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Support DT initiatives impacting Financial ERPs and provide insight to drive efficient and accurate financial reporting.
- Develop and enhance people skills and competencies to help them on their career advancements
You should have:
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed expectations and drive results
- Proven success with communicating effectively across multiple organizational layers and departments and ability to influence others
- Experience in multi-national, public traded companies preferred
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, supplemented by 8+ years of Accounting
- MS in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred, but not required
- CPA certification recommended, but not required
Strong Knowledge of US GAAP Accounting Principles and Sarbanes Oxley
Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) experience is preferred
Some travel may be required
We want to hear about your own rare talents - if you possess qualifications you feel would make you uniquely qualified for this role, tell us more in your cover letter!
Otis is the world's largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators globally. Our Gen2 elevator system, energy-saving ReGen drive technology and Link escalator solutions have set industry standards for innovation and performance. Otis has more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers. So just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms