Asset Awareness / Loss Prevention Associate
Modell's strives to be your neighborhood sporting goods store. A family owned business since 1889, Modell's is the passionate sports enthusiast's place to shop. With a long history and vision that speaks to embracing and celebrating your passion for sports, Modell's is the place to work if you like a fast, fun, and exciting environment.
Modell's has a set of core values that guides us in our actions and in the decisions we make daily. As a Modell's Associate, you will be expected to uphold and demonstrate these values at all times. Our three most important values are: Listen, Respect, and Respond.
As an Asset Awareness Associate you are responsible for maximizing store awareness while serving as a goodwill ambassador for the store to each and every customer. Assist management in identifying and preventing potential internal and external losses, while serving as a visible deterrent on the sales floor. This position reports to Store Management.
Responsibilities of an Asset Awareness Associate
- Greet and welcome every customer as they enter the store.
- Circulate through the store as customer traffic dictates to ensure that each customer has been acknowledged.
- Provide customers with outstanding customer service by insuring they are assisted by a sales associate.
- Assist in the prevention of external and internal theft through awareness.
- Monitor compliance of company policies, procedures, and security rules.
- Monitor proper use of any security equipment in the store and report any problems.
- Report any suspicious activity or violations.
- Thank every customer for visiting our store and invite them to return.
- Serve as a visible deterrent and a professional representative at all times.
- Report all internal issues.
- Participate in monthly Asset Awareness Associate call.
- Security or asset protection experience helpful but is not required.
- Must have good communication skills, be courteous and professional.
- Individuals hired should not have any prior relationships with current associates.
- The AAA is required to meet the same criteria and guidelines of all Modell's Sporting Goods associates and complete all the necessary new hire paperwork.
- AAA must be willing to travel between local stores and be assigned as required.
- Complies with operational policies and procedures.
- Understands and is aligned with the expectations of the Company.
- Strives for career growth and personal development within the company.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Modell's Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice and subscribes to federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship, or other protected classifications. Employment at Modell's is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the Associate or of Modell's. This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an Associate's employment with Modell's. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by an oral or implied agreement.
The above information is current at the time of publication and may be amended at the direction of Modell's Sporting Goods.
Physical Requirements of the job:
- Must stand for the duration of their shift (80% of your shift).
- Must be able to bend to help customers select items merchandised on low fixtures.
- Must be able to unload/lift/move multiple boxes weighing on average 35-40lbs.
- On occasion, must be able to unload items off of a truck of up to 150lbs (heavy bags, treadmills, weight sets).
- Must be able to push/pull carts with multiple cartons weighing in excess of 300lbs.
We are happy that you are considering an opportunity with Modell's. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the expectations you have reviewed or the physical requirements of the job. Please sign below to indicate that you have read and understood the information above.