DIRECTOR - INTERNAL AUDIT
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Attend seminars when needed.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance, business management or other related field. MBA a plus. Three (3) years of audit and/or accounting experience required; three (3) years casino experience preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Indiana Gaming Commission.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data and casino policies.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- State and local tax laws, gaming laws and regulations.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Research, analyze, comprehend, and act upon information and be aware of the business environment in order to effectively manage areas of responsibility.
- Ability to set clear direction for the department to ensure the successful execution of the strategic plan
- Ability to apply different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Make unpopular and/or difficult decisions which benefit the organization in the short and long term.
- Must have solid interpersonal/communication, judgement, strategic planning and development skills.
- Skill in developing successful working relationships with senior management, peers, and subordinates within department and outside of the department.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during work.
- Skill in coaching and developing others' skills and competencies by planning effective development activities and providing staff with clear direction and line-of-sight in regard to their respective roles in achieving the business strategy.
- Must have the ability to withstand noisy and smoke-filled environment.